- B.A. Business Administration
Azusa Pacific University
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
Diablo Management Group Consultants
Luke Helm joined Diablo Management Group as a consultant in 2000 and has since worked for twenty-two clients. He has served as a corporate officer in three cases, a project manager on seven client cases and a team member on an additional twelve cases. He is a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) and a member of the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors.
As a turnaround and work-out specialist, his assignments have comprised a broad cross-section of industries including medical devices, software, manufacturing, internet businesses, data storage, entertainment (live and recorded music, and film), fiber-optics, banking, logistics, and raw material refining.
Several of his notable accomplishments include:
- Negotiated the asset purchase agreement for the sale of patents and related intellectual property for a medical device client in a transaction valued in the seven figure range
- Profitably managed a $3M client subsidiary while positioning the business for sale; negotiated the terms of the purchase agreement and sold the company at a favorable valuation
- Successfully restructured $2M in trade debt for a publicly traded company, exceeding expectations
- Served as a client-company representative in settling several six and seven figure lawsuits in conjunction with legal counsel
- Completed the sale of various types of intellectual property for six clients, including patents, trademarks, proprietary software, databases, and contracts
Mr. Helm's project responsibilities regularly include:
- Distressed company management and advisory
- Cash management, budgeting and planning
- Distressed M&A and fixed asset sales
- Application of Bankruptcy code to distressed company situations
- Critical supplier analysis and negotiation
- Fulfillment of corporate fiduciary duties, often as an Officer and Director
- Litigation management, creditor claims analysis and negotiation of settlements
- Monthly operating reports, creditor communications
- Investor and shareholder relations
- Addressing employment, termination issues and related claims
- Employee benefit program management, including 401K's, flexible spending programs, health insurance and COBRA
- Accounts receivable collections and related legal actions
- Securing equity and debt financing
- Addressing accounting and taxation issues
Mr. Helm has 'made payroll' (had considerable operational experience) both while managing distressed businesses at DMG and while running his own companies. He co-founded a franchised business, built it to the largest and most profitable franchise in the nationwide system of 63 units and then sold the company. He also established a technology-centric marketing business, which provides services for a leading niche mortgage product fulfillment company.
Prior to earning his CIRA credentials, he graduated with honors from Azusa Pacific University with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration and a concentration in marketing. In his free time, he enjoys traveling with his wife in their private aircraft.